Terms & Conditions
We’re SameScent.com (VAT# 2555 6009), a company registered in Malta.
When you shop with us (or access our services, apps and websites (our “Websites”)), these terms apply. They’re important for both of us as they set out what we expect from each other, and they also give you helpful info. Of course, if you need anything else, get in touch with us – we always love to hear from you!
We keep these terms updated and we amend them every so often, so remember to check back in before you shop, as the latest set will apply.
We have the right to amend, remove or vary our services and/or any part of the Website (including our Ts&Cs) at any time.
These terms and our dealings with you are subject to Maltese law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Maltese courts.
To shop with us, you need to:
- have a credit or debit card that we accept; and
- be authorised to use that credit or debit card (e.g. it is in your name or you have permission to use it).
When you place an order, you should receive an acknowledgement e-mail confirming receipt of your order.
We only start processing the order once once payment has been approved and we have debited the payment card (and then the contract is made based on these terms). For cash on delivery option, the order will be processed and payment shall be completed on order arrival against identification.
You may be able to cancel (not change) your order within a short period of ordering – timings depend on your chosen delivery method (and will be set out in the acknowledgement email). You can’t change your order – you’ll need to cancel (and/or return original item(s)), and re-order. Contact the Same Scent team if you need any help.
All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price. Don’t worry, if there’s an issue with an order, we’ll get in touch with you.
Very occasionally, we may need to refuse or cancel an order or close or freeze an account (even if we have previously confirmed your order) – e.g. if we think there’s something dodgy going on with an order or an account. If this happens to you and you think we’ve made a mistake, please don’t take offence – get in touch with the Same Scent team and they’ll be happy to speak to you about it.
There’s a lot going on and from time to time our web admins may price up or describe a product or promo incorrectly. If we discover an error for any goods you’ve ordered, we will tell you ASAP and give you the option of reconfirming your order (at the correct price) or cancelling it.
If we can’t get in touch with you, we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you’ve already paid, we will refund you in full.
Prices include VAT (where applicable).
Depending on the value of your order or the delivery option or address you choose, delivery costs may also be charged.
The perfumes on our lists are synonyms of the original perfumes. The original perfume names, and the names of the designers, have been used solely to describe the fragrance notes of our Same Parfum. The original names are certified by the licensees and protected by law. We only sell our own Same-Label!
Before you finalise your order, you’ll be given various delivery options to choose from with estimated delivery time and dates depending on the delivery address.
We work hard to try to meet all delivery times but sometimes there may be delays – e.g. because of postal/carrier delays, logistics or bad weather. We will keep you updated as much as we can and you should be able to track your parcel’s progress.
You have 30 days to return an item from when it’s delivered (if applicable; we strongly recommend that you get proof of postage). Of course, it’s fine to try it on, but please don’t use too many sprays (more than 5 puffs) because if it’s returned to us in an unsuitable condition, we won’t be able to give you a full refund and we may need to charge you for the amount you used.
Same Scent owns or has permission to use the intellectual property rights in its Website and its content. These rights are protected around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You’re allowed to store, print and display our Website content only for your own personal use. You are not allowed to use any part of the Website for commercial purposes unless you have our express permission.
You’re also not allowed to use the Same Scent logo or any Same Scent brand or trade mark (or anything similar) without our express permission.
From time to time, we may give you Promo Codes that you can use to reduce the price of specified products. Remember, it’s up to you to enter the code at checkout!
Each Promo Code has its own terms, which will be made clear at the time it’s issued to you (e.g. what products, single/multiple use, when it can be used etc).
If you’re given a unique Promo Code that is meant just for you (e.g. a student Promo Code) please keep it secret and don’t let anyone else use it or abuse it (e.g. don’t post it on social media). If we think there is or has been misuse of a Promo Code in any way (e.g. selling it or sharing it with others), we can cancel your Promo Code and/or suspend or even close your account without telling you.
We don’t like to do this, but if a Promo Code can’t run properly because someone or something is spoiling the fun for everyone – e.g. fraud, tampering, technical errors or anything else that is beyond our control that affects the running or fairness of the Promo Code – we can cancel, modify or suspend the Promo Code.
We love being able to interact with and chat to you through social media. However, we can’t control those social media platforms or how you set your profiles on them. Please check and set your privacy settings so that you understand and are comfortable with how your personal information on those platforms will be used.
1. Defects or other damages owing to faulty or inappropriate handling, unsuitable packaging or shipment, the use of inappropriate accessories or an alteration of the original components by the customer or by a third party not authorized by Same Scent, are not protected by warranty.
2. Naturally occurring signs of wear are equally excluded from warranty protection.
3. Should the customer accept the goods or commissioned wares despite prior knowledge of deficiencies, warranty rights only exist to the extent described below, if the customer reserves these rights expressly and in written form directly after having received the delivery.
4. Warranty claims arising from transportation damages may only be enforced by the customer if the formalities in accordance the provisions of these terms and conditions have been fulfilled. This in turn does not hold true if the customer is a ”consumer“ in the sense defined by the laws of Malta.
5. The warranty period extends to 1 month for new articles. The period begins subsequent to the passage of risk in accordance with the laws of Malta.
6. Otherwise, warranty formalities are carried out in congruence with the usual legal regulations.
7. Same Scent are liable for damages arising from other causes than the detriment to life, body and health only to the extent these have their basis in a premeditated act, gross negligence or the culpable violation of a fundamental contractual obligation on the part of Same Scent or its legal proxies (e.g. its delivery service partners). Liability for compensation claims above and beyond this are excluded. The legal stipulations of Maltese product liability laws have no application in such cases. Should a fundamental contractual obligation indeed be violated in a negligent manner, the liability of Same Scent is limited to foreseeable damages alone.
It’s fine for you to link to SameScent.com, as long as you do so in a way that is not-commercial, is fair and legal, and doesn’t damage or take advantage of our reputation.
Please don’t link in a way that suggests any form of approval or endorsement by Same Scent where none exists.
Our Website must not be framed on any other site without our permission.
Visit our Contact Us page.
Have we reached out to you on social media to feature your content on our social media channels? Congrats! It means we love your style.
By giving you the opportunity to feature your content on our social media channels and by responding with the required hashtag (such as #SameScent) you agree:
- we can use your handle and the content (the “Content”) on SameScent.com, and/or on any of Same Scents’ social media platforms (including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook and Twitter).
- we can edit, crop, adapt, enhance or modify the Content (but Same Scent will not treat you in a derogatory manner).
You promise that you:
- have the permission of everyone in the Content;
- have the right to grant Same Scent the above rights; and
- are at least 16.
If you (or anyone in the Content) asks us to remove the Content, we will remove the Content from the social media accounts that we control.
You understand that other users of these social media platforms can also share and make use of the Content once posted. In particular, a user of these platforms can take a screenshot of and save an image of the Content to their device, share the Content on social media platforms or websites which feature the Content (and sharing capabilities). If you do not want to grant the permissions set out above then please do not give us consent to use the Content.
Created: 1st December 2018 || Last updated: N/A